Valley Crossroads' Capital Campaign goal is $1M to start building a Community Wellness Center
Valley Crossroads, on the corner of Glenoaks & Fillmore in Pacoima, has been providing services to the community more than 65 years. Pacoima — “the entrance” to metropolitan from the north off the famous Hwy 5. The sanctuary was built in 1971 and the fellowship hall completed in 1977. We have outgrown the two adjacent structures. Expansion is needed to provide sustainable, consistent social services in one the highest economically disparaged communities in Los Angeles County.
The community we serve is faced is a food desert, has recurring literacy issues, is below the poverty line, language barriers and health disparities that rival some of the highest in the county. Low high-school completion rates. Less than 20% college graduates. Largest juvenile facility in the U.S. with high recidivism rates. More than 86% Hispanic speaking. In our current facility, we can only accommodate one program at any time that serves the congregation or the community. On serval occasions over the past 10 years, we have had to usurp programs to accommodate weddings and funerals.
Fundraising will accomplish
- Expanded facilities
- Capacity to collaborate
- Present and future sustainable programs
- Increase multi-generational services
Even just $25 a month helps
- To purchase much need equipment to the most vulnerable in our community
- To fund critical opportunities to enhance the quality of life in Pacoima
- To support single parents, seniors, homeless, those transitioning back into society
- To provide summer youth programs, parenting classes, recovery programs, and marriage and family counseling
- To build a healthier, brighter future through continued collaboration and capacity building.
- To meet felt needs in childcare, senior services, transitional programs for returning citizens and homeless individuals.
- To increase opportunities for social change and responsibility.